Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
ScienceOnlineAdelaide WatchParty 2013
North Adelaide, SA
From January 30th - February 2nd 2013 the Research Triangle area of North Carolina will once again host scientists, students, educators, physicians, journalists, librarians, bloggers, programmers and others interested in the way the World Wide Web is changing the way science is communicated, taught and done (see http://scienceonline.com/scienceonline2013/).
Can't get to North Carolina? But can make it to North Adelaide? Then join our ScienceOnlineAdelaide WatchParty. We'ven chosen a selection of sessions to show in a small group environment to allow for viewing followed by discussion.
Details of the sessions are:
Saturday, 2nd February
- 4:00 -5:30 pm: Session 1a - Why won't the science deficit model die? (see here for more info)
- 5:30 - 7:00 pm Session 1b: Persuading the unpersuadable - communicating science to deniers, cynics and trolls (see here for more info)
- 7:00 pm: Dinner in North Adelaide. Attendees to pay for own meals and drinks, venue TBC based on numbers.
Sunday, 3rd February
- 10:00 - 11:30 am: Session 2a: We are who we are? Who are we? Issues of identity and the internet (see here for more info) Bring a plate of food to share for brunch.
- 11:30am - 1:00 pm: Session 2b: Life in the venn - What happens when you're forced to wear many hats? (see here for more info)
ScienceOnlineAdelaide 2013 is hosted by Dr Sarah Keenihan with support from Dr Heather Bray and Dr Kristin Alford.
55 King William Rd
Bridge8 is a foresight agency engaged in creative strategies for science and society.